 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2329 (-20)
  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

(...) It's called advertising. Cars featured in this way *sell cars* for those car companies. (...) Why in the world should TLC *pay* fans to play with their products? That would be very bad, because TLC wouldn't exist much longer with that (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) I really can't understand why you (not only you but other people who also said that) are so upset with current (I mean old) way of packaging. If you just open the bags to make piles of each individual bag, instead of a big common pile, I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

"Matthias Jetleb" <jetleb@netcom.ca> wrote in message news:3ac170e2.730407...net.com... (...) It seems quite the opposite in fact. Companies PAY to have their products featured. It is probably more about the prominant display of logos than the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: BrickDreams Update: Scene #8 Released

Micah- Your images are all stunning! Now *these* are some images I would like to see on a T-shirt with the caption "Building Imaginations" or something. <redirected to .general and .lego.direct> -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

I think people are missing a few key points in this discussion. Consider your average movie or television show... some of the comments made in this thread have suggested that you can't use a company's product in a movie without express permission. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

(...) <snip> (...) Quite right (assuming the resolution is too poor to distinguish the "Lego" printed on each stud ;-). Someone who uses Lego *bricks*, and identifies them only as "plastic building blocks" or something of the sort would probably be (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

Actually, I would say it's much, much different. I think a better analogy would be that if you bought Play-doh and made an animated film, certainly Fischer-Price (or whoever makes PLay-Doh) would not have the right to suppress your film. There is (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Club Image

(...) Thanks Jake, for the fast reaction! I have 2 further questions concerning the theme gallery: - is there a plan to make the partizipation in this contest a little more safe? For e.g. you could demand an second picture, which shows the model in (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"TWS Garrison" <tgarriso@math.purdue.edu> wrote in message news:GAto14.Lzw@lugnet.com... (...) analogy, I (...) visibily (...) rights to (...) and (...) their (...) IMHO, (...) of (...) But if you are not reproducing their logo, only using their (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

(...) Ah, but no one here has bought the Lego trademark, only ABS. As an analogy, I could buy a case of Sprite, but if I made a movie wherein a character visibily drank from cans of Sprite, the Coca-Cola company could be within its rights to sue me (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

(...) That is good logic. There's a flip side to that logic, however: LEGO markets a kit that has really bad equipment and will allow the purchaser to make really sub-bush-league films. It probably rankles them to see someone making a good-quality (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

Thanks for all the info on where to acquire cheep sets that contain Horses. And yes, I am a member of Lego Shop @ Home. Nevertheless, this simply won’t do! My army is well over 800+ troops, and I need about 45 black horse, 20 white horses, and 15 (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

A company cannot control what you do with a product after you've bought it. Once you own the product, it's yours to do with as you please. They especially have no say in this as they've marketed sets for the creation of these types of things. They (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3ABF5935.C98C83...est.net... (...) news (...) the (...) start? (...) it (...) TLC. (...) Well even if Lego wont share the information, the guys who are being threatened by Lego are. Just read (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

(...) Actually, it's along the back wall of the shop. See (URL) of black weapons, one of the best-kept secrets of King Leo's Castle is that it comes with two black pikes, as well as the grey one. Weapons from the 80s! Those weapons are about the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

In lugnet.castle, Bradley Dale writes: [snip] (...) It is behind the horse's front legs, in the saddle clip. John (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

(...) Alex, even if these rumors were true, I doubt that that is the kind of information that TLC would be willing to share publicly-- seems to me that it is none of our business and a private matter between the producers and TLC. But as always, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am hearing some disturbing news in the fourm at the Brickfilms site. The news being that the producers of a fan-film called One: A space Oddessey have been told by someone at TLG/TLC that if they (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) I would have considered the Flowers & Trees accessory set far more fundamental to general LEGO building than horses and the latest version of that went the way of the wind as well. While the new bulk system has a long way to go to replace all (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

(...) I think he means the quality of the swords has gone down. Prior to Knight's Kingdom release, swords were always made of the same hard ABS plastic as other parts, now they are made of softer stuff and the color is a slightly different shade of (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact