 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2184 (-20)
  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) And a ROYAL pain in the rear - are we all to wade through the posts under the lugnet.lego to find the one post we are looking for? If they are talking about trains, masks, or whatever - then they should be able to post in that thread just like (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest

(...) For all those interested, PLEASE DO. <snip> Hi Jake. Thanks for bringing this up. Please don't consider this post an attempt to rain on TLC's parade because I'm not writing to that end. I'm not beating up on you either. In fact, I'm glad you (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

Jake McKee <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:GA91n9.735@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) This concerns me too, I'd appreciate knowing reasons for this change. I can understand confusing a lego.com address with an official post, and (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) I for one would be interested to hear the details on this... neither Tomas or I are really sure what happened to cause this change. (...) This is extremely awkward. When I first came to LEGO, I actually asked Todd about getting a secondary (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest

Attention LEGO Train Fans! It’s not too late to enter the LEGO Shop At Home Train Car Building Contest! You could win the grand prize of building instructions of your original model created and published on www.LEGO.com for everyone to see, plus (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bionicle correction and more info

I saw a mention of a trading-card game. Any news or more information? -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  wow, THIS is funny.......

(...) Lego screwed it up and gave us REALLY rare mask misprints... :-)))) Kanohi Ruru and Kanohi Matatu in Toa colours, Kanohi Kaukau in tryellow and trlightblue....... I am slightly amused by the fact that Lego created REAL collector items by (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

FYI, a filter was installed today on the news server to accept lego.com postings (i.e., LEGO Company employees using their official email address) in the following groups only: lugnet.lego lugnet.lego.announce lugnet.lego.direct (essentially the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bionicle correction and more info

(...) I appreciate your taking the time to clarify. (...) Hey, anything's possible on the Internet, right? It would simply be a question of LEGO either wanting to do it and doing it, or not wanting to do it, and not doing it. Brad Justus told us in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bionicle correction and more info

What I meant in that case is "that's what I have been told by a person in Denmark who knows what's going on with the 8530 Kanohi set." In other words, it's information from Denmark, not from my own brain -- which is currently located in New York and (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bionicle correction and more info

(...) Tomas, Could you clarify what you mean by "That's the official word"? The reason I ask is, usually, when someone says something is "the official word," what they mean is that everyone on the inside has been told exactly what to say and what (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  official Bionicle FAQ

(...) Tomas, How about also throwing in a link to the lugnet.technic.bionicle newsgroup, for all the collectors out there that don't yet know about LUGNET? (URL) think this would be another nice way for LEGO to demonstrate its support without (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  shop at home australia

can someone at lego direct or lego shop at home or whoever knows this stuff please provide some details: 1.what is the estimated launch date 2.what currency will lego sah austrailia use ($A or $US)? and 3.what range will it carry, will it carry the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bionicle correction and more info

(...) Okay, good to hear you officially admit your "mistakes" now, although I still think two different batches are a marketing strategy, rather than a true misprint (which sounds rather impossible having in mind how much hope and efforts TLC has (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bionicle correction and more info

Christian (and Michael and everyone else), Sorry, I should have been more clear on one issue -- Christian is right that not all of the masks were included in the first release of the mask packs. So it's inaccurate to say that "all 73 masks had an (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Second Batch has arrived - ripping fans off again?

(...) Hi Tomas (Team LEGO Direct)! (...) Yes, it certainly is time!!! And I am more than happy to see that you are working on an "official" list for serious collectors. I do understand that it's not possible to give out information about upcoming (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Second Batch has arrived - ripping fans off again?

About time, an update (...) has (...) for (...) Ok, how will you advert the new FAQ to non-Lug's? (...) Right so only 1 infected mask which is Hau. Now i can update the list again (...) see (...) mmmm, i wonder - collect tokens on ceral pack's or (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Lou's original post, on the current state of Lego, made me pretty sad. I'm now 28, so I grew up as a kid playing with sets from ~1978-1990, a truly wonderful time for Lego. Thankfully, I saved everything I had and they are now part of my collection. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

Have a chat with Quentin Wilson. He got things moving for the UK car-prices rip-off. Organise LEGO shopping trips to the continent (or Ireland, slightly cheaper than Holland, which is similar to Germany. Don't know about other countries). ;-) Duq (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Basic Brick Colour (Blue)

You can order them from us and probably cheaper :) (...) Lightfoot lightfoot@earthling.net (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact