 Administrative / NNTP / 386
385  |  387
Subject:
Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:28:19 GMT

FYI, a filter was installed today on the news server to accept lego.com
postings (i.e., LEGO Company employees using their official email address)
in the following groups only:

   lugnet.lego
   lugnet.lego.announce
   lugnet.lego.direct
      (essentially the lugnet.lego.* hierarchy)
   lugnet.off-topic.test
      (special case for testing news client setup/configuration)

LEGO Company employees posting in an unofficial capacity (i.e., as an AFOL
from a personal non-LEGO email address) may, of course, still post anywhere
that any other AFOL can post.

Additionally, the LUGNET news server will now accept postings in the
lugnet.lego.announce group from any LEGO employee using their official LEGO
address, without prior approval from the LUGNET news server.  (In the past,
a special switch had to be enabled on a person-by-person basis for this
group, whether or not someone was a LEGO employee.)  Non-LEGO-employees
still need special approval to post to lugnet.lego.announce.

--News admin