 Technic / Bionicle / 239
Re: Bionicle correction and more info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:47:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Tomas Clark writes:
Christian (and Michael and everyone else),

Sorry, I should have been more clear on one issue -- Christian is right that
not all of the masks were included in the first release of the mask packs.
So it's inaccurate to say that "all 73 masks had an equal distribution."
There will be more information about this in the official Kanohi FAQ. What I

Okay, good to hear you officially admit your "mistakes" now, although I
still think two different batches are a marketing strategy, rather than a
true misprint (which sounds rather impossible having in mind how much hope
and efforts TLC has put into Bionicle). After all, I already noticed a
"disappearance" in Batch #2 of some strange combinations. It would be
interesting to see more details on this with the FAQ.

should have said is "from now on, in the rest of the releases of packs for
the rest of the year, the distribution of those 73 masks should be equal."

So, can you make promises that there will not be a third batch ? No more
strange combinations during 2001 ? Excellent ! That means I need no more but
five masks to go, ye-ah !

That's the official word. However, don't feel too bad about buying the first
release of packs -- you got some masks that I suspect are not in the later
releases (ones that are not part of the official 73).

We do? Why not telling that earlier? By now, the first batch is completely
sold out all over, I'd have bought a lot more knowing about their rareness.

We'll also have a web page up sometime soon about the Bionicle video games.
Again, I don't want to commit to exactly how long "soon" is. =) Same goes
for the golden masks: information will appear on the site. And since the
golden mask is a mask, information will also go into the Kanohi FAQ -- but
naturally a unique solid gold mask is not "collectible" in the usual sense.
Now, the FAQ is not going to be a checklist, just the answers to some
questions. The checklist is another idea we are still considering. *If* we
have a checklist, it won't be just a reprint of the poster. We would try to
have as much information as possible about all the masks that LEGO is
making, not just the official 73 Masks of Power.

The usual "we're still working on xxx" but you can't imagine how happy I am
about it anyway!

I can't say much about the video games except that they look very cool.
Well, I'll tell you about one thing that you'll see in the next section of
the Mata Nui website -- the geography of many parts of the island will be
the same in the games as it is on the website. So if you wander around a
village a lot on bionicle.com, you'll know your way around when you play the
game. Neat, huh?

Neat, indeed. There'S not so much to wander around right now.

Oh, and don't reload the page all day tomorrow -- we probably will not post
the new section until Friday or Monday. We're debugging the next section of
Mata Nui right now, and personally I would rather let you guys play with
something that works, instead of rushing to put it up right when the
telescope says it should be up. Hope you can wait!

I don't know, but wasn't it TLC that has created the telescope? So, they
knew what dates they were announcing and that months before we were able to
calculate these. I don't know, but I wouldn't be happy about a serious
delay. Friday sounds okay, but monday? Come 'on , it's not that you started
working on that three days ago! But then again, you're correct that I'd
rather play the working version. There'd better be something flawless at the
first try this time, otherwise one could include that the first release of
Bionicle stuff is typically incorrect!

What just came to my mind regarding odd difference ( a minor problem though):
I ordered one TOA each through S@H back in January. The sets were shipped
fast and arrived by mid January. However, the six sets all came without
CD-Roms while the "retailer-versions" included these free Mini-CDs being
shipped in february. So, is it usual for the Bionicle stuff to be released
incomplete first :) ?

Back to work,

Midnight over here, no need to work right now. I hope you're making progress
on the FAQ then, unless your work is restricted caused by all the traffic in
lugnet.technic.bionicle that you have to deal with...

Tomas Clark
LEGO Direct

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de