 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2014 (-20)
  Re: Lugnet Promo Sets

(...) I fired off a Email to Jake (which I will repeat here: I'm not sure if you would have access, but there is some info on my web page (you all can dig for it, its on the UNICEF van :) which is about a van made here in Canada by Sampsonite. It (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Old question for LEGO Direct

(...) Gary, Godtfred Kirk Christiansen died on July 13, 1995. (...) I think LEGO should use the earlier Samsonite date too...it is misleading to claim a date of 1973 when the LEGO brand was established many years before (and besides, it just doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Sheree (et. al), We haven't forgotten about the idea at all. It is actually taking some time to come up with a solution that: 1. Yields the high level of quality you expect from LEGO and we expect from ourselves 2. Meets a reasonable price (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Old question for LEGO Direct

Thanks Tomas, If memory serves me correctly LEGO Chairman Kjeld Kirk Kristiensen (KKK) helped start up the USA/LEGO in Enfield. That was before he became Chairman. Is his father GKC still alive. I thought not, but at the moment I'm not sure. I know (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I've been wondering about this for a month now. LD's idea was such a kind gesture, it's really not my place to push it. I can say, I am personally saddened to see LD drop interest in their idea. They had sounded so excited about it when we met (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Promo Sets

(...) That's what I was curious about, what are the volumes? I could believe millions for the Shell sets, but I seriously doubt the Velux promo runs to the millions. I kind of doubt the airline promos do either (now if they were sold on domestic (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lugnet Promo Sets

(...) (although (...) Perhaps one per quarter or so would be reasonable. And it could rotate on themes... :) -- -Bones- "Being Optimized for Nocturnal Exploration and Sabotage" = (URL) = NecroBones Enterprises (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com bug report

Yet another update: I've been told that along with the changes to the shop that were published yesterday, there were some additional code changes that will hopefully keep this "bad cookie" problem from happening again in the future. Of course, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Old question for LEGO Direct

Hi Gary, I asked around about this, and as far as I was able to find out, TLC is not planning any "40th Anniversary" celebrations in 2001. The official date that we are counting from appears to be 1973 for the US, as you noted below. So that (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Selling giant Minifig sets

(...) it... I (...) to buy (...) Or maybe one in each color... White, red, yellow... Maybe a blue one and a black one too, but you gotta have the other three, since they were the most abundant space fig colors. :) -- -Bones- "Being Optimized for (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) through LUGs (...) maybe even (...) Sounds like a very reasonable suggestion to me. Right now, the pricing of the so-called Bulk Direct Packs is such that I really can't justify the purchase. I have a certain amount of disposable income that (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Selling giant Minifig sets

(...) ...That idea just makes me want to cry tears of joy just thinking about it... I have no fonder memory of childhood than my classic space stuff... Id have to buy one a month for a year :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lugnet Promo Sets

(...) I can do some digging into this, but keep in mind that the Shell promo would be millions of units. I am not sure what the quantity would be for a LUGNET set, but I am not sure that the revenue/volume would be there to meet the minimums. Jake (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I've been wondering that too. I'm not sure what LD's schedule is for the project. Brad Justus said that he'd like to do it and I offered to post about it for him after we met with him in November. It's LD's project and not something Suzanne or (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

Are you kidding?? The swirled parts look SO cool! People would want to buy them! Everyone that saw these parts at the NMRA show drooled over them and wanted them. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) I agree, it's not a result of an error or malfunction, but still something that's not generally desirable to show to the public. Frank (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

Frank & All, (...) I don't think this is a problem per say, I would call it more of a plastic injection molding issue. When I worked in a plastic plant, and we did color changes, we always had to empty out the hopper, blow it out for the possible (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) While it would be cool to get these, I don't foresee TLC ever intentionally making them available. Generally manufacturers like to hide this kind of problem as much as possible. What we can hope for is that some designer down the road gets a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:G8rMyy.F5M@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) space (...) consumer (...) competing (...) 'the (...) al) (...) My main point was simply that the cost to sell "true bulk" (i.e. basic pieces in the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Selling giant Minifig sets

Oooh, oooh me wants a giant Classic Space fig!!!! Ooooooooh. Hmmm, maybe I should stock up on white bricks to make one! But how to do the logo... Hmmmm <Ponders doin it him self.> <should prolly get a lego giant minifig> Ooooh, giant Classic Space (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact