 LEGO Company / Official LEGO Announcements / 17
16  |  18
Subject:
LEGO.new is coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:44:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Well, it's the end of the week. And I did promise. So here's welcome (I hope!)

On September 11, we will relaunch LEGO.com. As part of this relaunch, we will
extend the LEGO Shop At Home service to the Internet. Though we may limit the
assortment available online for a few weeks (as we grow comfortable with our
new fulfillment processes), by October you will be able to place any LEGO Shop
At Home order online as well as through the "traditional" phone, fax, and
snail mail channels.

Perhaps more significantly, we are taking LEGO Shop At Home international.
Also from September 11, you will be able to order online in the UK, Ireland,
Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, and Austria.
We will be adding service to Switzerland in November. The full LEGO Shop At
Home assortment (with a handful of exceptions) will be available to these
countries, including bulk elements. (By the way, we'll be expanding the bulk
assortment in October.) Toll-free numbers will be available for phone orders,
and we are also exploring offering printed catalogs in some of these European
markets.

Currently, we plan to add the remaining EU countries, as well as Australia,
New Zealand, and selected Asian markets by the third quarter of 2001 (but we
are working hard to do it earlier if we can). I wish we could bring LEGO Shop
At Home to everyone right now, but it takes time and an incredible amount of
effort to build and manage a global e-commerce service to the standards which
our customers (and we) expect.

We are quite excited about the new LEGO.com. I think that you will find that
LEGO.new (as we're calling it here) is a big leap forward for The LEGO Company
online. Though much of the existing content will remain, we will be
introducing a new interface and content architecture that will allow us in
future to expand our offerings -- not just to the current core audience of
kids, but to parents and adult enthusiasts as well. Of course, once we've
launched, we welcome your comments and suggestions. An Internet site is always
a work-in-progress, and as proud as we are of this new one, we are already
thinking of ways to make it better.

We hope that you look forward to this new site as much as we do.

Until the launch... Play Well!

-- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct