 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 662
Re: LEGO.new is coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:57:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:

... by October you will be able to place any LEGO Shop
At Home order online as well as through the "traditional" phone, fax, and
snail mail channels.

I hope that as part of this re-launch/overhaul/whatever the correct buzzword
is, you've had a word with the web designers about making the new www.lego.com
a little less bloated on Flash, etc- or for my part, I'll still be placing
orders by phone (which, to be honest, keeps me from ordering much at all.
There are things I *know* I want right now that I haven't ordered yet, simply
because I'm too lazy to pick up the phone and do it).

Perhaps more significantly, we are taking LEGO Shop At Home international.
Also from September 11, you will be able to order online in the UK, Ireland,
Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, and Austria.
We will be adding service to Switzerland in November. The full LEGO Shop At
Home assortment (with a handful of exceptions) will be available to these
countries, including bulk elements.

And a great hurrah went up from the crowd.

(By the way, we'll be expanding the bulk
assortment in October.)

And now I am weeping tears of joy.  I don't supposeyou'd care to give us a hint
as to what some of these new parts might be, eh?  I mean, you can load it up
with as many disclaimers as you like about how it might not be the parts we get
finally, in the end, but in all honesty you must have some idea already.

thanks,

eric