 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 671
Re: LEGO.new is coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:12:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:

... by October you will be able to place any LEGO Shop
At Home order online as well as through the "traditional" phone, fax, and
snail mail channels.

I hope that as part of this re-launch/overhaul/whatever the correct buzzword
is, you've had a word with the web designers about making the new www.lego.com
a little less bloated on Flash, etc- or for my part, I'll still be placing
orders by phone (which, to be honest, keeps me from ordering much at all.
There are things I *know* I want right now that I haven't ordered yet, simply
because I'm too lazy to pick up the phone and do it).

Here, Here!

I find the use of Flash on the site a litle cumbersome.  Espcially when a
more portable technology such as java/javscript/PHP  could be used.

Not all Lego(R) users have Wintel PC's!

A large number seem to use Linux derivatives as well as Mac.
Flash is it not a technology avaible on those platforms and so those users
are effectivly limited in thier use of lego.com.  I hope that this is not
something you are intending Brad.

<SNIP>

thanks,

eric