 LEGO Company / 2503
Re: 4562 Revealed! (was Spring Cleaning...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 23:00:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Thomas Stangl wrote:
Peeron's inventory for this set is SO screwy, I can't trust it.  It is listing 8x8
bricks, and teal 2x4s, that none of the 9 I've gotten have.

It would be nice if the inventory ONLY listed the [standard] bricks from the set, as
many people parting them out will most likely keep most of the bonus bricks, and
those bricks vary widely according to some people.  Or enable a link on the main set
listing that allows you to remove the Extra/Missing rows from the display.

I hope whenever Bricklink lists it, it only covers the standard 200 bricks.

Over the past few days, I parted out and listed most of the variable parts from
the bonus bags as found in my first collection of 4562 boxes (I'm still sorting
the basic bricks). Today, I hit some different stores and bought some more of
these. One the way home, I popped one box open. All the baggies looked about the
same except for one of the larger bonus bags. I saw parts in there that did not
show in any of the first round of sets (like 2x2x2 cones in red, macaroni bricks
in dk-gray, 3x3 slopes in yellow and some 1x6 plates in dk-purple). There seems
to be a continuous variance in those bonus bags. I guess it has to do with what
was avaialble to dump into the packaging machine at any given momment. Boy would
that have been interesting to watch in action ( "Hey! we ran out of
such-and-such, what next ?" LOL )

Ray