 LEGO Company / 2466
2465  |  2467
Subject:
4562 Revealed! (was Spring Cleaning...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:20:04 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jon Gilchrist wrote:
"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote:

US: Walgreen's - 4562 (200 standard elements and 200 Spring Cleaning elements)

These are on the shelf at a Walgreens in Lake Zurich, IL.  I just
picked one up for $5.99.  I haven't had a chance to inventory it yet,
so I can't really say what parts might be "extra."

It's in a standard yellow box, not a plastic tub.

-Jon
I just bought 3 of these from my local Walgreens!  I took some pics to give
everyone an indication of what's inside that's special.  Here are the pics:

Pic of box front:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562box.jpg

Pic of standard contents listed on side of box:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562side.jpg

Pic of all special parts together:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562all.jpg

Pic of closer up shots:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562tl.jpg
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562ll.jpg
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562tr.jpg
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562lr.jpg

This is a close up of the newer 1x1x1 slopes in a strange transparent orange
color that I'm not familiar with:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562detail1.jpg

Pic of newer 1x2 plates with side rod in new brown and light blue:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562detail2.jpg

Pic of 2 bluish grey minifig heads and another part I'm not familiar with:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/4562/4562detail3.jpg

Interesting thing about this collection is that there is a mix of old colors and
new colors.  The only old brown is in the 2x2 plate and the 2x4 modified plate
with grills.
The parts in old dark grey are the 1x2x2 short wall bricks, 1x1x1 round bricks,
1x1x1 plates, and the large radar dishes.
The parts in new grey or bley are the 1x1x1 plates, 1x1x1 bricks, and the 4x4
plates with a diagonal cut in them.  The rest are old grey.
I found these at Walgreens on sale.  You buy two, you get another free!  So I
picked up three boxes for 11.98 before tax!
I was anxious to see if each box had a different selection.  Nope, all three
boxes are the same, identical in every way!
I'll be very interested in seeing if someone finds different selections in other
parts of the country!
There is quite a variety of colors in this small collection.  I hope the pics
show the colors okay.
regards,
Tom