 Harry Potter / 1283
Re: Privet drive car bumper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 06:04:28 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Fiona Dickinson writes:
Just had a reply from LEGO Consumer Services Europe. Who said "All LEGO Sets
are tested thoroughly before production, and we have no previous knowledge
of a similar defect."

I hope that's in the context of some sort of apology.  I've had three Privet
Drive sets with this mistake (presumably a bad batch that ended up at
Argos), a Black Falcon's Fortress with several redundant parts in the bottom
of the box but no string for the drawbridge, a Guarded Inn with a missing
antenna and flowers and a mis-moulded slope in a Naboo Fighter.  Their
quality control is really going downhill of late.

I just opened up a Troll on the Loose that was missing the troll's loincloth.
Rather than call for a replacement I took the easy way out and gave the troll
to my kid.  It seems seven-year-old boys don't mind those little oversights.

Maggie C.