 General / 8374
Re: I'm famous (or infamous)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:53:02 GMT

Hey Joseph,  Congratulations!!!

Like the late pop artist Andy Warhol once said, "everyone is famous for 15
minutes".

Maybe you've still got another 13 minutes to go!

Gary Istok

Joseph Gonzalez wrote:

In lugnet.general, Joseph Gonzalez writes:
I had a coworker tell me that she heard something on her radio this morning
about Lego.  They were saying that the majority of buyers are adult males
making purchases for themselves (I'm quite curious where the info came from).

Just a footnote to this little incident.  The information came from an
interview I did with a reporter in Denmark for the Bloomberg Newsgroup (like
Associated Press but on a smaller, growing scale) about two months ago.  It was
originally for an article about the growth and current status of the Lego Group
(since Bloomberg is mainly interested in business news).

I had totally forgotten about the interview but I guess the article got
published in a magazine and could still be picked up by newspapers or radios
since it got put on the newsline.  A photographer came over to my house last
night and took some pictures of me and some assembled Lego models (it was very
last minute so all I had was a couple of Rock Raiders models and a Paradisa set
my daughter got for her birthday, #@!*&!).

Anyway, I have no way of knowing where any other related articles may end up.
If anyone hears anything about this deranged father-of-four legomaniac, please
let me know.  (Hey, now I have a claim to Lego fame for my rollcall!)

Thanks.

..joseph g