 General / 7762
Re: Pictures of new Shell promotional sets are up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:16:05 GMT

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:44:23 GMT, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com>
wrote:

Sproaticus wrote:

These aren't available in the US, are they?

Nope. Here's why.
The sets are sold by shell service stations.
In america people don't usually get out when they fill up and go into the shop. Therefore it is not
worth selling the sets in the us.

Then why does every single gas station have a convenience store attached?
I can think of six gas statiosn within a mile of my house.  Five of them
have a significant quick-shopping element.  The biggest store is the one at
the Shell station.

Steve