 General / 7017
Re: Paul's claim to fame!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:15:25 GMT

"Paul Baulch" <paul@vic.bigpond.net.au> writes:
Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Paul Baulch writes:
Has anyone ever built the Battlestar "Galactica"? Funny, I thought
it'd be a great thing to build, especially if someone managed to give
it a scale that allowed it to have decent-looking microfig-scale • Vipers.

No, but I just finished raytracing my Viper.  Here's a page I threw up
for it:
http://chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/LEGO/viper/
Please LMKWYT!
--Bram

Someone pointed this out on .build the other day - very cool,
especially the use of the 1x2 rounded-top pieces to give more
aesthetically pleasing contours[1], and retracting gear is
always a great thing to do. Now all we need is for someone to
make a Cylon Raider....  :)

Thanks! I love your ships too...you can see definite influences from the
SHIVA-I in my Interstellar Battleship [1], which is about 3 years old.
Since I've never seen Battlestar Galactica, I now have to go see whata
Cylon Raider looks like...

[1] Except how difficult would it be to get that many in grey? What
sets have that piece in grey?

I got most of mine from 5571 "Giant Truck" and a few from "King Kahuka's
Throne"  I'm not sure where else I've gotten them.
--Bram

1) http://chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/LEGO/legomodl.htm
I hope to have this page updated soon...