 General / 6894
Re: New web page (Was Re: Paul's claim to fame!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:37:25 GMT

Sproaticus wrote in message <37BE4A0D.2F655100@io.com>...
Seriously, the Shiva-I is a one of the best space models I've seen.  My
Model Planning Server has been inundated with requests from my Inspiration • /
Plagarism Agent since I've started looking at this model, and I'm only on
the first image.  I'm fanatically glad you put it back up on the Web for us
late-comers.  I mean, like, wow.  My hat goes off to you, man.

Thanks a bunch! It's gonna be real tough following it up, though. I've been
brainstorming for weeks and weeks now and although I've had some good ideas,
frankly I don't know if there'll ever be anything on my site that doesn't
look tawdry next to the SHIVA-1....

I see what looks like a lot of influence from Robotech -- am I right?

Ah, a fine series and no doubt, but alas, I never saw Robotech until about
six years after the SHIVA-1 was designed - so that, I'm afraid, was not the
primary inspiration. I dont recall exactly what inspired the SHIVA-1, but
was almost certainly Star Blazers. Possibly also Battle Of The Planets, at
least in a way. So you are kind of right. Anyone who wants inspiration has
my strong recommendation to watch Japanese animation, some of it is just
brilliant in design[1].

Has anyone ever built the Battlestar "Galactica"? Funny, I thought it'd be a
great thing to build, especially if someone managed to give it a scale that
allowed it to have decent-looking microfig-scale Vipers.

Cheers,
- jsproat

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>
http://www.io.com/~jsproat

Build that spaceship Jeremy! And remember - make the engines HUUUUGE !
Paul
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/5168/

[1] Unfortunately it seems to feature giant robots a BIT too much IMO. Oh,
and schoolgirls. And steer clear of anything with "Demon" or "Overfiend" in
the title. :(