 General / 6895
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 15:03:53 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
Yeah, well, 50% off is no great deal FOR YOU.  Me, I live in an area that • stuff
almost NEVER goes on sale past 20%, because it sells out before it can hit • any
lower IF they had any in stock to begin with.

I live in the same area as Tom S, and he's right. We don't get good deals
here. It's not whining, just a fact.

Yeah, well you guys don't know how lucky you are - in Australia the prices
suck even MORE because it's all imported. I've seen sets at DYA shopping
that even WITH shipping were around 30% cheaper than the Australian retail
price!  To make matters worse, Australia seems to have been a country with
rather limited reserves of older discounted Lego, that were fairly easy for
AFOLs to deplete given the small number of specialty toy chains, and even
smaller number of obscure, independent toy shops. Being an Australian FOL
mostly sucks.

Paul
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/5168/