 General / 6906
Re: New web page (Was Re: Paul's claim to fame!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 07:37:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Baulch writes:
Has anyone ever built the Battlestar "Galactica"? Funny, I thought it'd be a
great thing to build, especially if someone managed to give it a scale that
allowed it to have decent-looking microfig-scale Vipers.

Can't speak for others, but I'm working on it.(1)  In theory, it'll be done in
time for the Hallowe'en design contest (sci-fi catagory), but my window is
shrinking, and my supply of grey isn't up to the task without dissassembling my
current project, and that's not happening until it's finished!

On the other hand, I have done a (fairly close to) minifig scale Viper:

http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/viper1.jpg
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/viper2.jpg
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/viper3.jpg

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:except for that 'scale' part.  I did some math, and figured out that to have
even a 5-stud long microfig Viper, it would need to be somewhat longer than my
house.  <sigh>