 General / 6656
Re: Give me strength...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:42:10 GMT

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message
news:016501bee6d0$b1ec6c00$c029fea9@simon...
This is stupid. Why do I find it so hard to sell sets?

I'm sitting on a 5571 Black Cat. I bought it specifically
because it was reduced to clear and I thought I could probably make
a few dollars by auctioning it off.

It's not even my kind of Lego. I don't like Model Team. They take
too long to build. And you can't put minifigs in them.  And I've spent
miles more than I intended on sets that I do want.

But still the blooming
set just sits there saying 'Please don't sell me'. It tempts me with all
those black macaroni bricks that I don't have any project I can use them
in but still like the look of.  It reminds me constantly of all those nice
black and red and grey 1x2x1.3 bricks with the half-curved tops that I
equally like.
(I can't use them anywhere either).

My strength is going. (And my wallet). Please someone else tell me
you have this problem too.

I definitely have the same problem.  Once Lego is in my hand, it's _so_ hard to
let go.  I found a 6285 Black Seas Barracuda (@ 85% complete) at a resail shop,
and decided I'd buy it to make some pirate-loving Lugnet patron happy.  Keep in
mind the only pirate stuff I have is by accident.  But then I got to adding in
pieces, washing and ironing the sails, and my kids started playing with it, and
I starting thinking, "Hey, this is a pretty cool looking ship!"

So now it sits on display as a constant reminder of the power Lego has over
one's mind.  (Or maybe just a reminder to my wife how weak my mind is when it
comes to Lego :-)

-John Van