 General / 6622
Re: Give me strength...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 02:36:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

I have two sets which I could probably make money on, but they are just too
cool. It's the Launch Command Plane with the shuttle on it.

Yes, 6544 rocks. Some fairly unique pieces in it too. I had 8 at one
point, sold off 2 of 3, that's about it...

I remember getting mine in my early coming-out-of-the-dark ages days. It
was August 1997 and I was delighted to pick it up from the
Entertainer store, reduced to about US$25
to clear. I also recall being a bit disappointed when it actually got delivered
that it seemed to have almost
no bricks in it that I recognised. (I always much prefer seeing bricks
I'm familiar with used in interesting ways). There were loads of bricks in it
that are commonplace nowadays, but which at the time I'd never seen before -
like the 2x2x6 roof bricks with a 1x6 plate cut out of the top, the shuttle
doors,
the shuttle wings and the bricks used to make the shuttle's arm.

But it is a great set - and if I was selling my collection (which I'm not) that
would be one of the last sets to go. The 6339 Shuttle Launch Pad would be
the VERY last set to go. (Despite the lecture I got from my flatmates at the
time about how if in real life they stuck the control room that close to where
the shuttle got launched and didn't even put a roof on it,
the technicians would suffer a very horrible (but
quick) death when the shuttle took off...)

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com