 General / 6597
Re: Give me strength...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 18:08:17 GMT

That reminds me of the bag full of Kabaya sets I brought home from Japan.  I
had two of each, and it took weeks before I could let the extra sets go.

Every time I open a new lego box, it makes me think of the chocolate bars in
the book "Charley and the Chocolate Factory".  Coming form a very poor
family, Charley would get a single chocolate bar as his birthday present.
He would take a week of "sniffs", savoring the smell before he would even
open the wrapper and nibble a small corner.  As I remember, that bar would
take monthss before it was eaten.

BTW new ABS is just like chocolate in this way.......

-Phil Watt

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Simon Robinson wrote:

This is stupid. Why do I find it so hard to sell sets?

You think you just found it hard? I just put up 3 sets on SC and it took
all evening agonizing about it...

3 lousy sets that I bought to resell, out of a thousand or more...
yeesh.

lugnet.