 General / 5878
Re: New SW contest proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:37:25 GMT

Well, how would this sound.  The contest would be open to both "official
entries" and "unofficial entries".  Those who choose to pay the entry fee
would be eligible for the cash prize, and those who just want to enter for
the "prestige" would not be.  All models would be judged regardless of
status, and the overall winner would get a banner (I can make some nice
looking banners).  The highest ranking "official entry" would get the cash
prize, and likewise, any other prizes (for second, third place, etc.) would
only be given to "official entrants".

Too bad if you win the contest, but were too cheap to shell out $5.00.  You
get a neat banner though, and the runner up?  Well, he/she gets $75.00 (or
whatever the total prize would end up at).

If there's a problem sending the cash prize overseas (exchange rate), then
an overseas winner could choose a lego set or sets of equal value to the
prize.

-Dave Jr.