 General / 5876
Re: New SW contest proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:51:46 GMT

On 7/29/99, at 11:56 AM, David Thomas Jr. wrote:

I don't quite understand what you mean by a cool logo?  How • does a logo
constitute a prize?  Why would anyone prefer a logo over at • least $75.00
cash that they could spend on lego?  And do you really think a • $5.00 entry
fee is too much to expect?  I'm just asking.  To me $5.00 seems • like very
little.

-Dave Jr.

Have you ever heard of the "Cool Lego Site of the Week"?
Basically
what that is(to my knowledge, please someone correct me if I'm
wrong), is
people nominating lego websites and the winner for that
particular week
gets to put up a banner on their page. It's just a simple little
graphic, but it
is an honor for those who have it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people wouldn't like to have
more Legos,
but if you just made a 'cool logo' then more people would enter,
then if they
had to take the time to write a check or get a money order and
then send it
out. And if you just have a free entry, you will get
international entries.
Again, just think about what has been said already, and believe
me I know
that just as many people would sign up if you replaced the $5.00
& legos
with Free & 'Cool Logo'

Ryan