 General / 53495
  Increasing a collection

Hi all. I'm a very long-time browser, who's finally built up enough courage to post. I also, though having never experienced a 'dark age' in my building, have recently become much more serious in my desire to take both my building and collection to (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) I found bricklink and ebay the best ways to buy sets and parts. When bidding on sets on ebay I generally go to bricklink to get an idea of the cost of most sets. My experience has shown that most items on ebay sell for more than you can get (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) Hello! (...) :) (...) Well I wish you well, here are a couple of thoughts and ideas: Being a savy Lego Fan can help you acquire parts in different ways: 1. Bricklink.com 2. Lego Brand Retail Stores - Pick-a-Brick. 3. Get involved in your local (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) Depends on what you are looking for........new or used. New kinda limits you to retail stores and sales, even possibly Bricklink. If you don't mind used a great source of potential Lego is your freinds! We have gotten some really great stuff (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) Being an adult means, in part, getting a weekly or biweekly paycheck. For about a year and a half I bought a set every pay day. The number of pieces I had grew very quickly from a small collection to a medium collection. Keep an eye out for (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) So, my problem is I have a decent quantity (probably in the range of 20-30,000 pieces), plenty of piece variety, but not large quantities of the same pieces. So now, as I raid Bricklink for my upcoming Space take on the Roman Legion (Red cloth (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) I'd say 20k pieces was a medium-small collection. It wasn't until I hit 50k+ that I could really start planning large projects without really eating into my parts selection. Now, I've got probably more than 100k and I feel safe that I could (...) (17 years ago, 27-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) First off: Welcome! As to the collection issue, building has always been my driving force.I look for the pieces I use most often (castle needs based). The only advice I can offer is if you're starting from a medium collection (=20k) make sure (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Increasing a collection

(...) That's really good advice. Everybody has a different style, of course, but having large multiples of parts changes what you can do with them. And you may find that your tastes change as you develop- when I started buying on BrickLink, I didn't (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)