 General / 53499
Re: Increasing a collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:35:57 GMT

what's the best and economic way you've all found to increase collection size<<<

Depends on what you are looking for........new or used.

New kinda limits you to retail stores and sales, even possibly Bricklink.

If you don't mind used a great source of potential Lego is your freinds!
We have gotten some really great stuff from people we see almost daily.
Thrift shops have also netted us a few goodies, but not often.
Flea markets can hold a treasure or two from time to time.
Several people have had luck with garage sales but I don;t have the time to
look.
ADVERTISE that you are looking for Lego, and will pay cash.
(that has also worked very well for us)

Ebay is a whole can of worms in itself.
By the pound auctions can get you a good price, but half of the time you will
get junk.......Megablocks, Tyco, cars, pencils, batteries, pennies and many
other items.
If it looks like a deal on ebay, it's probably junk.

We have decided on one theme (pirate) and are sticking to it. I still have to be
very careful on ebay but I can add to our collection there, although I will pay
more I don't really care.

Going with one theme lets me be a little picky about what I buy and pay.

Also ebay is full of knock-off blocks right now.

Whatever you do the blocks will come, they are out there.

Good luck.

Jeff