 General / 53497
Re: Increasing a collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 05:19:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Avishai Gebler wrote:
Hi all.

Hello!

I'm a very long-time browser, who's finally built up enough courage to post.

:)

I also, though having never experienced a 'dark age' in my building, have
recently become much more serious in my desire to take both my building and
collection to the next level.

Browsing Lugnet has certainly helped me with the building technique aspects. Now
to turn to the acquisition question.

So, I pose this question to all those who wish to help guide me along my journey
- what's the best and economic way you've all found to increase collection size,
and what pieces do you all think are the best to have in bulk?

Well I wish you well, here are a couple of thoughts and ideas:

Being a savy Lego Fan can help you acquire parts in different ways:

1. Bricklink.com
2. Lego Brand Retail Stores - Pick-a-Brick.
3. Get involved in your local Lego User Group to trade and find more parts.
4. Go to LEGOland and buy cool stuff.
5. Design models in Lego Digital Designer and buy the kit you made online.

As for what parts are good to have in bulk, that depends on what you like to
build.

I would suggest visiting Bricklink.com and or peeron.com and browse the parts.
Get an idea of what is out there and what you would like to acquire.

Often times it is the creation you are working on that drives your collection.
Getting the parts you need to build a model you fancy.

Other times, it is finding great deals on parts, even bulk amounts that gives
you ideas to make stuff that can use the parts to advantage.

Your results may vary.

:)

I'm sure other people have ideas too.
Since collecting and building incorporate different strategies.

Good luck!
Be sure to show us what you have made.

Eric Sophie

Glad to be here.