 General / 53504
Re: Increasing a collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:09:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Avishai Gebler wrote:
   Hi all.

I’m a very long-time browser, who’s finally built up enough courage to post.

First off: Welcome!

As to the collection issue, building has always been my driving force.I look for the pieces I use most often (castle needs based). The only advice I can offer is if you’re starting from a medium collection (=20k) make sure you don’t go bulk wild on bricklink and then think you can build any large MOC you want. To use a castle example, just because I buy 3000 grey 2x4s for a wall doesn’t mean I can build a keep, landscaping, and interior, etc... You will always need a variety of pieces (similar to Lego’s 90s sets) to accompany your bulk needs.

God Bless,

Nathan