 General / 53505
Re: Increasing a collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:58:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   But really, start small in building and allow your collection to jump up before getting into something too big.

-Lenny

That’s really good advice. Everybody has a different style, of course, but having large multiples of parts changes what you can do with them. And you may find that your tastes change as you develop- when I started buying on BrickLink, I didn’t mind used bricks, but as I built nicer models, I wanted to use nicer parts. So I went and bought a whole other batch of some parts. The used ones are great for internal support, I’m not wasting them- but I could have waited and just bought what I wanted.

Tim