 General / 51040
Re: Legowiki
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:02:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Abner Finley wrote:
   I believe the LEGO lawyers are aware of the problem of people using the company name ‘LEGO’ in the domain name. However there is not a big group of LEGO lawyers that are gonna attack right away. It takes time. They have other BIG fishes (jaws theme) or other issues to worry about right now. I am not a lawyer, and I don’t know the Danish law or even international law.

Maybe LUWiki? (That’s LEGO Users’ Wiki.)

How’s this for a draft legal statement?
   LEGO, LEGO bricks, the LEGO sets, and related material are copyright LEGO company. Content on this site about said LEGO material is not property of LEGO, and is distributed under the GNU FDL. LUWiki is not affiliated with LEGO, directly or indirectly. LUWiki does not support infringement of copyrights of any party. (more stuff here, etc. etc.)

I would say, go for it.