 General / 51034
Re: Legowiki
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 03:10:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Venkatesh Srinivas wrote:

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, or critiques on this?

I think it's a great idea, apart from the feedback you already got on the name
iteself, which seems a resolvable issue.

A wiki that's like wikipedia has the distinction of being more long term and
broad scope in outlook than many of the other resources we have now. And with
community editing, if there are enough people, you get to a version of the
"truth" pretty rapidly. As long as the community is strong enough to enforce
NPOV and to avoid revert wars.

Would any you be willing
to create content for the site or be interested in seeing one created?

I'd be very interested in seeing it happen. I would prefer not to commit to
creating any content at this time for fear of overcommitting but it would be a
valuable new resource...