 General / 50642
Re: If you could wish for any single Lego element, what would it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:48:36 GMT

OK, say TLG came up to you and said that they would make one single mold of any
part that you wanted.  But only one part, and only in one color.  And it would
be sold to the public as well.  What would that part be?

My one wish would be a double concave 75 degree slope in black, and it would be
sold to the public in a pack of various black 75 degree slopes.

I always liked the idea of a sloped brick corner that changed from a low
slope to a regular slope.

Yes, that would be wonderful as well. An inside corner (double concave) like
this would also be nice so you could have a 33 slope roof intersect with a 45
slope roof. Of course, then you would also need a double/inverted slope to join
the ridges at the top.

To be more general, I would like the 75 degree and 33 degree slope systems to be
fleshed out so they have the same options as the 45 degree slopes. Beyond that,
I would then like to see slope bricks that allow for 33 to 45 and 45 to 75
valleys and hips.

It would also be nice to see double concave and double convex inverted slopes in
33, 45, and 75.

1) half of a 1/2 Pyramid (triple) regular slope, call it a 1/4 Pyramid.

Interesting, but I don't know if I can think of many situations where this part
would be needed instead of the existing half pyramid.

2) the valley part of a 2x2 regular slope inside corner (double concave),
call it a 1x1 double concave.

This seems like it would make it more difficult to build valleys and dormers
because this part would not have anything to attach to unless you spent more
time building supports beneath the roof. I feel the existing double concave
brick is more than adequate, but perhaps I'm missing something?

2) a 3x3 low slope inside corner (who doesn't want this one).

3) a 2x2x3 steep slope inside corner (again who doesn't want this one).

4) low slope 1x2 triple (1/2 pyramid).

5) low slope 1x2 double/inverted (gable connector).

Agreed.

(snipped the rest)

Most of the other stuff was good too, but I'm mostly interested in seeing TLC
fill the holes in the roof system right now.

Rocco