 General / 50615
Re: If you could wish for any single Lego element, what would it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.parts
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:11:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

   OK, say TLG came up to you and said that they would make one single mold of any part that you wanted. But only one part, and only in one color. And it would be sold to the public as well. What would that part be?

The choice of the part itself is easy. I’ve long wanted to see this piece produced:

The choice of color is more tricky. My first answer is red, since that’s a color I tend to use a lot. However, in terms of overall usefulness (to a wide range of builders) I wonder if black, white or light grey might be better.

But here’s the follow-up question. I can see why you asked us to name only one piece... that would mean only one mold. But why only one color? Can’t the same mold be used to produce many colors of the same piece? :)

Thanks for posing the question Gary. Fantasy parts are a great source of conversation if you ask me.

Best regards,
Allan B.
The LEGO Builder’s Guide
  • Follow-ups set to lugnet.parts. I want to see if we can generate a bit of chatter in that group. :)