 General / 49264
Re: So TLC can build and sell decent sets if they really want to...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:24:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ed McGlynn wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Ed McGlynn wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Christian Treczoks wrote:
   Dear AFOLs,

found this in the discussion forums of 1000steine.de - a big thanks to Thekla for the picture.

http://robothek.bei.t-online.de/Lego/Katalog6.jpg

Seems fake to me. The context of the web address indicates that this was supposed to be a page from a catalog, but it’s not. It’s a single sheet of printed material, with a white edge, no page number, and elusive text description. No way would LEGO produce a set with bulk trees that look like that instead of standard ones.

Ed

My appetite for crow is about to be satisfied... I stand corrected. 4886 lives.

Ed

Hi,
we’ve got the new catalogue of the second half of 2004 (pic1) on May 25th. The dealer (well known to us) showed us the brandnew two-sheet dealer-info of #4886, too and allowed Thekla to make a photo. The pics were posted on 1000steine.de, although TLC is always very restrictive with dealer-infos shown on the net too early.
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/82966.htm and
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/82967.htm
Greetings Ronald