 General / 47861
Re: So TLC can build and sell decent sets if they really want to...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 12:36:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christian Treczoks wrote:
   found this in the discussion forums of 1000steine.de - a big thanks to Thekla for the picture. http://robothek.bei.t-online.de/Lego/Katalog6.jpg So, if TLC really, really wants, they still can make decent sets, even usable for world city & co.

Huh.. neat. I don’t think I would keep this set together, but probably would be interested in it for the parts. I wasn’t able to read the text, but it says 2005 in there, so is this a sneak peak for next year?

Also I wanted to mention that for me at least, I think set design is in a revival. Many of the New Harry Potter & Spiderman sets look great. I’ve only been holding out because I want to stock up on old colors before they are gone forever. Also the Designer sets & Star Wars minis are quite nice. But on the other hand, the new Castle sets are exceptionally disappointing(1).

   Now lets see how it is priced...

Indeed, price can be a killer.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG

(1) Almost depressing, really. Hey Lego, if we can’t have good Castle sets at the store, at least let us still buy the BFF & Blacksmith shops.