 General / 47873
Re: So TLC can build and sell decent sets if they really want to...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 18:29:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ed McGlynn wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ed McGlynn wrote:

<http://robothek.bei.t-online.de/Lego/Katalog6.jpg>

Try replacing the "6" with other (lower) numbers after 'Katalog' in the url & it
will appear to be a page from a catalog.

Yes, that's how I came to my conclusion, among other things you can glean from
the web.  The timestamp for the other Katalog files is the same, while Katalog6
is about a half hour later.  The homepage from the owner's German eBay "Me" site
refers to their brickshelf gallery, as well as a "Building Joke 2003" but the
link's no loger asociated with the webpage text.  Could this be "Building Joke
2004?"

The Katalog6 picture's probable owner, Thekla, has a brickshelf gallery with
similar tilework in it:

If I was making up a spoof set, it'd better have stuff I wanted in it!  This
fills their need to more tiles from LEGO, so there's a future expansion to the
Taj Mahal, perhaps...

For my uses, the tiles would be nice. I imagine some people would like the red
slopes. But, as far as the construction or this being a set, I am not that
impressed. It looks dated, almost like a set from the 70's. Plenty of FOL's
could build way better things. It is nice to see a set built from 'bricks'
though.

...but LEGO didn't design it!

All noted, and I think you are right.

Thanks for the info, explaination and investigation!

Jonathan