 General / 47866
Re: So TLC can build and sell decent sets if they really want to...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 15:58:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ed McGlynn wrote:

<http://robothek.bei.t-online.de/Lego/Katalog6.jpg>

Seems fake to me.  The context of the web address indicates that this was
supposed to be a page from a catalog, but it's not.  It's a single sheet of
printed material, with a white edge, no page number, and elusive text
description.  No way would LEGO produce a set with bulk trees that look like
that instead of standard ones.

Ed

Try replacing the "6" with other (lower) numbers after 'Katalog' in the url & it
will appear to be a page from a catalog.

For my uses, the tiles would be nice. I imagine some people would like the red
slopes. But, as far as the construction or this being a set, I am not that
impressed. It looks dated, almost like a set from the 70's. Plenty of FOL's
could build way better things. It is nice to see a set built from 'bricks'
though.

Jonathan