 General / 47868
Re: So TLC can build and sell decent sets if they really want to...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 16:28:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ed McGlynn wrote:

<http://robothek.bei.t-online.de/Lego/Katalog6.jpg>

Seems fake to me.  The context of the web address indicates that this was
supposed to be a page from a catalog, but it's not.  It's a single sheet of
printed material, with a white edge, no page number, and elusive text
description.  No way would LEGO produce a set with bulk trees that look like
that instead of standard ones.

Ed

Try replacing the "6" with other (lower) numbers after 'Katalog' in the url & it
will appear to be a page from a catalog.

For my uses, the tiles would be nice. I imagine some people would like the red
slopes. But, as far as the construction or this being a set, I am not that
impressed. It looks dated, almost like a set from the 70's. Plenty of FOL's
could build way better things. It is nice to see a set built from 'bricks'
though.

Jonathan

Wow. TLC is really ripping off MegaBloks now:

http://robothek.bei.t-online.de/Lego/Katalog2.jpg

Marc Nelson Jr.

From the picture it looks like there will be wall panels(easy for those little
Duplo aged fingers.)

Looks alot like the Imaginext line from Fisher Price
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/imaginext/default.asp?z=products&cat=img&id=10124

If it's  priced right, should be a big success.The Imaginext toys are a pain!
The walls are constantly collapsing on us. Having a baseplate to connect the
wall panels to will be a big plus.

Julie