 General / 4818
  Re: 2 Things...

(...) It was time for a visibility boost in a big way. Plus, new hierarchical design/layout of the www site is geared toward mixing the data-browsing experience with the discussion experience. There's still a lot to do, of course, and many more (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) One thing, though, it may be a good idea to retain the Pause database search box on the front page? I figure a lot of people use it. Fredrik (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) It'll come back in a different (and better) form where it's interleaved with the other search results. There'll be a /lego/ section off the main www root homepage for restricting the search just to the LEGO database portions, after the other (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

I'll second that vote (for the set search on the main page). Or at least a direct link to a set search .. if there's one there, I don't see it. Mike Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) buttons, (...) the (...) get (...) Newsgroups (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) Another annoying thing, I'm not sure what you're doing to set the text size, but on my Netscape at work, the text now comes out almost too small to read. (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) Are you talking about the text from previous messages? Not only is it too small, it is too light! I have a hard time even seeing it because it blends into the background. The current-message text is still the same size, at least for me. Jeff (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) All the text on the Lugnet home page. (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) least (...) Oh, your're right, that is small. Not too small on my current settings, but I'm sure a lot of people view it at higher resolutions than I am. Jeff (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) There is a direct link to a set search, yes. But it's not prominent enough. It's in the list of Links & Resources on the left. Last night I made the main search give a forwarding link to the sets-DB if it's given a number. --Todd (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

Yep, I vote for set search on the front page too. I blindly put the name of the set into the box at the top of the page and was greeted with several articles. I was momentarily confused. I thought I had put in the wrong url. I did find the Pause (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) On the full-article view, it's using <FONT SIZE="-1"> and <FONT SIZE="-2"> for the quoted text and the standard font size for the main text. This might change to use only SIZE="-1". On the brief snippet views, it's using <FONT (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) You're talking about 2 and 3 messages back, right? 1 message back looks OK? What if 2 & 3 back looked the same as 1 back? It's harder to visualize the flow of the message that way, but maybe it'll be more immediately readable. (...) yeah, that (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) I think that would be best. I never had any trouble visualizing the message flow anyways. :) Jeff (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) OK, done. --Todd (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) Was this before or after the additional text was added?-- Looking for a LEGO set by number? Try Here! ~~~...~~~ (That's what comes up at the top if you type in a numeric query. The "Try here" part is a link into the sets-DB.) (...) Aha, OK, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) Especially the site menu. Steve (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) The sub-categories at the top? What browser are you using, what OS, what screen mode, and what monitor size? And do you have Verdana or Arial? --Todd (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  About the set search box...

(...) Alrighty, here's the scoop: If you're fortunate enough to be running Netscape Navigator, which handles multiple quick-search boxes on a single page correctly, then you'll get a second search box on the main homepage. Its labeled "Search Set (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) So the problem is to draw Swedish people to the lugnet.loc.se.* groups, say? How about this idea: If there is a coutry where at least one LEGO interested person lives, some people from that country can make the unofficial regional LUGNET (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

(...) Them too. But I meant the Links and Resources menu. (...) IE5, Win98, 1600x1200 (browser *not* maximized), 21". (...) It seems to be coming out Verdana, like it should. Steve (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  local subgroups

(...) Yup! (...) Something like that would be wonderful. (...) Hmmm, I wonder if off-site pages would really benefit from a rigid template, because that could be left to the on-site pages for the subgroups. (It'd be nearly impossible to enforce an (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ... (...) groups, (...) I think this is a great idea. As one who travels a fair amount I would take advantage of this resource if it existed. In fact, I will in actually be in Stockholm in about two weeks and would (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Things...

Sorry, I left you hanging. I was serching by name, so I just got a list of articles. Thanks for adding the set search box...I'm a netscape user mostly. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: About the set search box...

If I had to choose between either a group search or set search on the main entry page, I'd choose set. Put the group search behind the link in the case where you can't display both, not the set. Heck, the set search should be on every page. It's (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)