 General / 47034
Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:57:37 GMT

Hi Brian

I will share with you my experience of 20 years in this passion. During the
first 10 years I saved all the boxes but as my collection got bigger and space
was getting smaller I started to make them flat but as usual space is always
tight. Then I thought of another idea, start cutting them and saving some key
images and paste them on a copybook that my son and I decided to call "The
copybook of the good ideas".....but with as time went by space was once again
tight.

I've bought mostly all my collection during my trips to the US, because in my
home country, Santiago de Chile, there is little variety of Lego sets, therefore
considering I had limited space in my suitcase so it was a matter of buying more
or being sentimental......guess what I chose, but note that with pity.

Nowadays every time I get a new set I go to my wife and ask her "how nice is
this box should we still throw it away ? and the answer is yes, we don't have
enough space and I do it.
Sometimes I've regretted this, mainly when some sets have turned to be a
classic, but that is part of the hobby....you'll newer know what will happen
with a set....

Regarding catalogs and instructions,I always keep one of each....it's always
good to go through a catalog and regret something you didn't buy...

As always, it's a matter a personal choice, but hope that my experience and
those of other AFOLs can help you.

Best regards
Gustavo Brinck
Santiago