 General / 47019
    Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Brian Kendig
   Just curious - do you save the boxes from your Lego sets, and/or the catalogs, or do you only keep the instructions? I'm cleaning up my Lego collection a little bit today, and I realize that I have (just about?) all of the mail-order catalogs from (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) I only save Instructions - I decided a long time ago that boxes were a waste of space. I do save some however, but use them for storage, transportation, etc. As for catalogs - I tend to save them, but only one per catalog (ie, if i buy three (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Bryan Wong
     (...) If it's a set that I buy FOR the set, I will generally keep the box. Otherwise, if I buy a set for the parts, I toss the box. Especially in the case where I buy multiples of one particular set. I'm not too fond of the hard cardboard boxes that (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Kevin Salm
     (...) For the past 25 years I have kept all my Lego boxes with the thinking that they make my collection complete--I have all the pieces, instructions, and the boxes. But being that I never intend to sell my personal collection of Lego (and if I did (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Jeff Barnas
     (...) I save everything because I never put pieces in my collection. If I need parts for a MOC I Buy them from S@A or Bricklink once I get a set and I play with it for a few days I take it apart, put it back in the box with the instructions and ads (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Adrian Drake
     (...) I have a pathological need to keep all boxes. It used to be that I kept every box including multiples, but that became rather overwhelming, so now I keep one copy of each box, instruction set, and catalog insert that I get. I file the catalogs (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Thomas Main
     (...) I save my boxes. Rather than just flattening them, though, I actually cut them into six panels (top, bottom, and all four sides). I think this makes them take up even less space and easier to sort into like-size panels. I like saving the boxes (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Mark Bellis
     (...) I keep one complete box from each type of set, usually glue broken and flattened. If I buy more than one small set, I take off the barcode (with item number) and discard the rest of the box. Keeping the barcodes is just in case there is ever (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Gustavo Brinck
     Hi Brian I will share with you my experience of 20 years in this passion. During the first 10 years I saved all the boxes but as my collection got bigger and space was getting smaller I started to make them flat but as usual space is always tight. (...) (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —William R. Ward
     (...) I recycle boxes from new sets. If I buy an old set with its box, I make a half-hearted effort to sell the box on ebay or to a member of my LUG. If that doesn't pan out, I recycle it too. The only boxes I have kept are the plastic tubs from the (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Steve Scott
     (...) I'm quite interested in puting together a collection of the "Themed Flyers" for want of a better name for them. I'm referring to the single a4 / a3 sheet that comes in the box along with the building instructions. I'd be interested to know if (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Gustavo Brinck
     Hi Steve, I have a lot of those flyers/brochures, if you tell me what are you looking for and I have it, I can give it to you Saludos Gustavo (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Aaron West
     (...) I mostly buy for parts, so the boxes of 97 or so percent get thrown in the blue recycle bin for Wednesday pick-up. The other 3 % (less or more, not sure) I keep for personal purposes. That may be in the category of liking the front box (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Alfred Speredelozzi
     (...) I save boxes from the Star Wars sets. My justification was that I was buying these as a colelction. I buy every set, and I keep all the boxes, and instructions. I also keep all my SW Lego separate from my other Lego. Of course, I do have a tub (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Matt Marwood
     (...) I would save them they are worth somethin on www.bricklink.com and especialy the older ones some are worth like 15 us! (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Do you save boxes and catalogs? —Daniel Warren
   I keep all my boxes, well at least the front and back covers. I cut the sides off and duct tape the two back to front. I always open my Lego sets with a knife, scoring between the glue and the back, so as not ruin the back cover. I used to keep all (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)