 General / 46692
Re: most wanted parts that dont exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:16:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
If you could have any 5 parts in a color that it doesnt exist in (i.e. 5
part/color combos that dont exist), what would they be?

The parts below are Technic parts that I have already made.  How I wish TLC
would make them in bulk.  They make large chunky parts but these small parts
would be much more useful.  I've been a bit cheeky 'cos it's become 5 families
of parts!

1. Take a connector peg/axle pin and cut off the connector peg, leaving the
bezel in the middle.  Put this through a round hole 4mm wide piece into a cross
hole 4mm wide piece for an 8mm wide pivoting lever.  Main application is steam
engine valve gear.  They're so useful I've made over 50 of them!
2. Take a connector peg with stud and file off the stud, leaving the bezel.
Application as above, to join two 4mm wide round holes together.  I've made
quite a few of these too.
3. With a small pulley on a sacrificial axle, spin it up on a 4000rpm motor and
cut the pulley in half, making two 2mm wide bushes.  These bushes are great for
fitting mechanisms into limited space envelopes whilst ensuring adequate
clearances for moving parts.
4. Axles of lengths 1L, 1.5L, 2.5L and 3.5L.
5. More 4mm wide pieces with rows of holes.  Lengths 5, 6 and 7 have been
produced by TLC, but I made a 3-hole one from a triangular bracket.  The other
bits of the bracket became 1x2 pieces with one round hole and one cross hole.  I
would like lengths 1(spacer for connector peg), 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 11, 13 and 15
with all round holes for starters, with the 1x2 cross hole + round hole piece
too.  Most useful for steam train rods.

I'll have all of these in black, (old) grey and (old) dark grey please!

Mark Bellis