 General / 46700
Re: most wanted parts that dont exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:57:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Green wrote:
* 1x1 Round Plate with Rod Hole (to hold a Dragon Flame or rod-end, where a
  clip can't go, and to make kabobs)

Yeah, that would be great! You could also combine it with a 1x2 plate to make an
upside-down jumper, roughly.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what colors I'd most like to see in existing shapes. It
varies, depending on what project I'm working on. But here are some ideas:

1. Light Saber Blade in transparent purple.
2. The 6246 Tool Wheel tools in LIGHT gray. (OLD light gray.)
3. 1x1 round plate in chrome silver. I find it very weird that this exists in
gold but not in silver.
4. 4593 Lever Small might be nice in chrome silver, too.
5. How about a C-3PO minifig in real chrome gold, rather than that weird
shampoo-bottle gold. It wouldn't be any more useful, but it'd look great.

I'm more interested in seeing certain parts that don't exist at all yet. For
example:

1. 1x1 Round Plate with studs on both sides. (Like the Clip Light portion of
4081a, by itself. Probably most useful if it has a Rod hole through it like the
Clip Light, but solid would be okay.

2. 1x1 Brick with holes in all directions. (Like the 6541 Technic brick, but
with the flat sides replaced with more round-hole sides, and the top stud
replaced with another square hole like the bottom.)

3. 1x1 Hinge - just like the 3937/3938, but 1x1 instead of 1x2.

4. 1x1 Plate with Clip on BOTTOM - like an upside-down 2555.

5. Upside-down tiles. (Studs on top, FLAT bottom, prying groove at the TOP edge.
Any size, but 1x2 seems most useful.)

- Dan Efran
  Martian Ambassador
  http://www.efran.org/embassy/