 General / 46618
Re: most wanted parts that dont exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:24:44 GMT

It’s impossible for me to limit it to just 5! I have about two or three notebook pages dedicated to this very thing. So, with my apologies, here’s some highlights from my longish wish list...

Current elements that exist, just not in these colors:
  • Plant: Leaves: 6 x 5 and 4 x 3 in orange, yellow, red (fall foliage, model of human body), and pink and purple (coral)

  • Plant: Seagrass in brown (along with green feather clips to make a nice house plant)

  • Exhaust Pipe Elbow and Exhaust Pipe Straight in brown and gray (limbs of a live oak or banyan tree or a bonsai model)

  • Dragon Flame in black (oil, ink), light gray (Spanish moss, smoke), red (blood), bright green (plants), trans pink (genie, magic effect), trans red (wine), trans yellow (beer, champagne), glow-in-the-dark (nuclear spill, ectoplasm)

  • Double & triple slopes in sand green (oxidized copper roofs), earth orange (terra cotta roofs)

  • Minifig Headgear: Legoland Ambassador Hat in white (soda jerker) and tan (military)

  • Minifig Headgear: Female Hair in pink, purple and blue (we’ve seen green... why not more punky colors?)

  • Minifig Headgear: Hood in white (Elfin queen, wedding veil)

  • Minifig Headgear: Pigtails in earth orange, tan, brown, etc. (Why has this element gone away?)

  • Animal: Air: Dragon baby (Norbert) in light gray (gargoyle building ornament)

  • And much, much more...

Elements that don’t exist but should:
  • Brick: Arch: 1 x 3 Inverted, 1 x 4 Inverted, 1 x 6 Inverted

  • Brick: Arch: 1 x 4 Venetian Scrolled

  • 1x1 Round Plate with Rod Hole (to hold a Dragon Flame or rod-end, where a clip can’t go, and to make kabobs)

  • Antenna Whip 1/2-H (Why so small?... Stem for pumpkin, joystick controller, cell phone antenna or a gear-shifter for minifig car, handle for minifig to carry stuff, drinking straw, sprouting plants, antenna for robot minifig, shag carpeting, etc.)

  • Minifig Body Part: Hips with Long Tail/Short Tail (animal characters)

  • Minifig Headgear: Hat with Short Brim (like a fedora or bowler or even a cane hat (shortened top hat shape))

  • Minifig Headgear: Helmet, Round (spaceman’s bubble, deep sea diver)

  • Minifig Headgear: Cap with Points (cat ears/satyr horns, no bill)

  • Minifig Headgear: Female Hair Bouffant (Marge Simpson’s coif or Mojo Jojo’s brain)

  • Minifig Headgear: Female Hair Short (ie., wedge or short bob)

  • Minifig Weapon: Lightning Bolt

  • Animals... Where should we start?! Maybe Legoize (in minifig scale) all that Playmobil makes? Yeah, I know, you could just make them out of brick... but sometimes a guy just wants something to look less “brickly”.

  • And much, much more...

Okay, last part... Elements I want to see but never-ever(?) will:
  • This is my wishlist of wishlists. Essentially it boils down to the idea of completely scaling down all of System by half (think Modulex, but still in System ratios, ie.: not cubes), starting with a scaled-down minifig... and including every element, even car parts, animals, and a form of train or monorail. Aside from a miniaturization fetish, the big desire for this has do with space and complexity. With a half-size minifig (microfig?), fig-based building layouts can include more in less space. For a rough example, a 30” square card table could hold 36 micro road or baseplates as opposed to just 9 System baseplates. For those of us who have storage and display problems, this would be a godsend.
Unbelievably, a micro-scale system may actually be coming to a store near you... unfortunately, it is Megablocks who is producing it. I have yet to see their product to know the details. But it does give me pause to think: Why can’t Lego?