 General / 45595
Re: Demographical Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:33:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Terry Prosper wrote:
In lugnet.general, Mike Thorn wrote:
This morning the rest of my family and I were joking around at the breakfast
table and as usual I managed to pull LEGO into the conversation. I don't
remember all we talked about that followed, but we ended up with a laughing
half-kidding qeution, which was: I wonder just how many couples there are out
there that are happily married and eat-sleep-breath-walk-and-talk LEGO?

So I decided I'd ask the world's largest group of AFOL's just exactly that:
how many of you couples out there live LEGO to its fullest and remain
blissfully married? :)

-Mike

Hmmm...  judging by the number of replies (this is the only one at this point!),
I'd say it's pretty rare!

My wife tolerates my hobby and sometimes will help me sorting parts or even
build a model (very rare!), so I'd say we qualify, but she would totally ignore
LEGO if it wasn't for me.  However, I have taught her the valuable lesson she
must know if I was to disappear from her life and she had children...  MEGABLOKS
are crap, LEGO are the best and children MUST have a ton of LEGO toys!

That's the exact same setup my wife and I have.  She completely tolerates my
hobby, buys me Lego to surprise me, helps me sort occasionally, and every once
in a blue moon actually puts brick together.  But otherwise, I have my hobbies
and she has hers, and they don't frequently mix.  She has, however, helped me a
lot on the scripts for my comic strip!  She's also allowed us to do the pending
kid's nursery in a Lego theme, which is really turning out great.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com