 General / 45622
Re: Demographical Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:53:32 GMT

Suz <suz@baseplate.com> wrote:
Jim and I do have some LEGO-related stress moments, of the kind you
wouldn't have with a NLSO. Like, he gets to buy more LEGO than I do, so
I get jealous. Esp when he buys sets with minifigs I really want and
SOMEhow those new sets quickly disappear into "his" collection. Or when

Karen and I sidestep this problem by just dumping it all together. This is
made easier since (some Technic bits aside) the entire collection is stuff
we've accumulated since we've been together -- our childhood troves are
held hostage by siblings and parents who want to save 'em for potential
future grandchildren.

But sadly, our very small apartment leaves little room for both building
_and_ living, and somehow the latter usually takes precedence. Every now
and then (for example, the past few weeks) the office room gets converted
to a big Lego jungle/mindfield, until we can no longer stand having to
dance and jump to get back to the computer at the desk along the back
wall.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>