 General / 44216
Re: Changes to Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:51:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
I've noticed some changes at BrickShelf recently - namely how searches are done.

Specifically, the 'search by lastname' function has been replaced by 'search by
username.'

Why does this bother me?  Well, because I know people by their NAMES not their
usernames.  When I want to look through Phil Painter's stuff - well, I have to
find his username first.

I find it very boring and frustrating, I don't know exact the member username
and sometimes 2 usernames are very similar...

My main question is: Why was this implemented?  Because if it is for a good
reason, I'll understand.

International Privacy laws

Secondly, is there a way that changes like this could be announced or explained?
Sometimes it feels like the administration of BrickShelf doesn't try to
communicate with the users.  It gets frustrating.

Lastly, what's up with the poll question?  Is it meant as a joke?  If it is
serious, is this really an attempt to find out how many Lego Fans have diabetes?
It seems like such a strange place to put such a question.

You have to ask it to the webmaster. (If you can contact it!)

-Lenny

If everybody would upload a file and this file (picture or text) has as TITLE,
their own NAME, everybody could search another member simply using the "search"
option of Brickshelf (and no longer the "search another user")!

Luca