 General / 44227
Re: Changes to Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:31:41 GMT

Luca Giannitti wrote in message ...
If everybody would upload a file and this file (picture or text) has as • TITLE,
their own NAME, everybody could search another member simply using the • "search"
option of Brickshelf (and no longer the "search another user")!

There are three fields to fill in when you create a new folder: Name,
Description and Keywords. After multiple error messages (getting more
irritated every time because the interface deletes everything you put in
before) I ended up putting Kevin-Wilson in the name field (no spaces or
underscores allowed), Kevin Wilson in the keywords, and "Kevin Wilson empty
folder - to allow name searches" as the description (you can have paces in
there, but not parentheses, brackets etc). Oh, and don't forget to pick a
subject box - I used People.

This is definitely a step backward, though I can understand why Kevin needed
to do it. Perhaps it would be possible to include a "include my real name in
the member search list" feature in the sign-up screen going forward (and
allow existing users to set that as an option).

Kevin
Railroad Depot kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-rrd.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm