 General / 44228
Re: Changes to Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:57:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Luca Giannitti wrote:

My main question is: Why was this implemented?  Because if it is for a good
reason, I'll understand.

International Privacy laws

Which law exactly? I'm curious why simply displaying a person's real name is
somehow illegal, especially considering that Lugnet {insists} on members using
their real names. I'm also curious as to how Kevin's suggested solution is any
less a breach of this law.

I'm just trying to ascertain whether the reasons for the change are sound ones,
and why, unless there has been a recent change in the law, they have been
implemented now. I would just like to know the full details of the reason for
the change so that I can help in any way I can to get it back. Simply saying
'because of privacy laws' answers nothing. It is not unknown for laws to be
misinterpreted.

Allister