 General / 43991
43990  |  43992
Subject:
Changes to Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:55:40 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I've noticed some changes at BrickShelf recently - namely how searches are done.

Specifically, the 'search by lastname' function has been replaced by 'search by
username.'

Why does this bother me?  Well, because I know people by their NAMES not their
usernames.  When I want to look through Phil Painter's stuff - well, I have to
find his username first.

My main question is: Why was this implemented?  Because if it is for a good
reason, I'll understand.

Secondly, is there a way that changes like this could be announced or explained?
Sometimes it feels like the administration of BrickShelf doesn't try to
communicate with the users.  It gets frustrating.

Lastly, what's up with the poll question?  Is it meant as a joke?  If it is
serious, is this really an attempt to find out how many Lego Fans have diabetes?
It seems like such a strange place to put such a question.

-Lenny