 General / 44222
Re: Changes to Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:37:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Wong wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Allister McLaren wrote:
   Fair enough. How do I go about changing my username? Also, short of spending several hours of my life wrangling brickshelf’s cumbersom interface with copious amounts of deleting and re-uploading pictures, how do I go about moving all my pictures into a new subfolder with my name in the title? Would it be possible to get some sort of drag and drop interface happening?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but for someone who is paying nothing to use a service that would normally require a monthly fee, you’re an awfully demanding user... And I assume that you are unaware of the difficulties associated with web programming?

Demanding?

Kevin said this: “There is also nothing to stop someone form including elements of their real name in their username.” as a solution to the problem of usernames instead of real names.

Logically, the next question is : how do I change my username so that it is my real name?

I think you need to stop for a second and realize Allister isn’t complaining needlessly. Yes BrickShelf is a free service, and I think EVERYONE here respects that. However, that doesn’t preclude us asking questions or giving constructive criticism. In fact, I believe that since BrickShelf is such a respected community service, it DEMANDS we give constructive criticism to make BS better for everyone (including Kevin).

Essentially, BS used to have a search for real names - feature I used daily and the erasure of this feature means I, the user, now have to work around the system. The may be some pains with web programming, but there are also pains in using what used to be an easy system (relatively).

-Lenny