 General / 44080
Re: Changes to Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:12:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   I’ve noticed some changes at BrickShelf recently - namely how searches are done.

Specifically, the ‘search by lastname’ function has been replaced by ‘search by username.’

Why does this bother me? Well, because I know people by their NAMES not their usernames. When I want to look through Phil Painter’s stuff - well, I have to find his username first.

My main question is: Why was this implemented? Because if it is for a good reason, I’ll understand.

Secondly, is there a way that changes like this could be announced or explained? Sometimes it feels like the administration of BrickShelf doesn’t try to communicate with the users. It gets frustrating.

Lastly, what’s up with the poll question? Is it meant as a joke? If it is serious, is this really an attempt to find out how many Lego Fans have diabetes? It seems like such a strange place to put such a question.

-Lenny

Lenny,

this dramatic change to Brickshelf is far more impacting than any of the other issues going on right now. It is horrid to not know who is making the MOCs that we are looking at. I’m the first in line to thank Kevin for all his work, but this simple change is miserably frustrating.

Kevin I implore you to change this back!

tk
Co-Curator of .Space

CEO Kane StarCrafters
CEO ExtraGlobal Express